Monday, November 15, 2010

This is Like, Cosmic, Man

Really stoked. A few weeks ago, shortly before my guest room cleanup project commenced, I received a postcard for one of those donation pickups. You know, where you put everything out by your door and they come pick it all up. Well, this one was for National Children's Cancer Society (NCCS)!! I mean, how perfect is this? It's like, cosmic, man. I was going to bring everything to Goodwill, another organization that I love to support, but come on. All my cleared-out clutter is going to benefit children with cancer, and their families. So awesome. As hard as this shit is to go through as a grown-ass adult, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a child. Really, it's heartbreaking just to think about it. And I don't have to expend any extra energy packing everything up (which wouldn't all fit in my car either), driving it down, and unloading it there. This is definitely a WIN. I'm so happy. I also noticed in the Target parking lot that there are drop-off boxes for donating BOOKS to the Reading Tree! That's probably the main bulk of my clutter besides clothing. Another Score!




Speaking of the cleanup project, well it's going all right. It will be ready for when my parents get here this weekend. It feels so good to finally be getting it done. It's been very challenging to pace myself with it, and I've ended up basically one day on, one day off because I'm too exhausted the day after I've worked on it to do much more. But that's ok, slowly but surely.



I'm also trying not to worry. I'm starting to worry. Like last night, it just hit me all of a sudden: "Heyyyyy!  I'm gonna have a huge, big-ass scar on my belly! Noooooo!". I mentioned it to Jim (hubby) and he was like, "I know I already thought about that, sorry... but it's not a big deal." I said how it isn't very sexy though (got fucked-up priorities much, Shell?), and his response was that if a big-ass scar was what it takes for getting me fixed up, he'll be kissing it every day. Wow. Way to put it back in perspective for me, hon.
 



The nerves are kicking in about the needles, too. I had such horrible problems before, because I apparently have such microscopically miniscule veins that I ended up bruised & battered just from the nurses trying to get an IV in or a blood draw. Once when I was in the hospital last time, my IV infiltrated -- all the fluid went in underneath my skin because the needle wasn't in the vein. THEN, that happened with my last CT scan after I was discharged, only with the dye they injected (at a very fast rate) for the contrast.  I have no words for how painful that was, and I ended up with a Popeye arm til the next evening! And I noticed today that there's a weird, small lump at the insertion site of the PICC line I had, what's up with that?? Ugh, I need to watch TV or something so I won't think about this crap for a while...                                
                   

I also feel so bad for my mom. My dad sent a pic of her and Keagan (niece) today, and she looked so tired and gaunt in her face. I know this is killing her, and dealing with one of her brothers having esophageal cancer right now is not helping things, I'm sure. I'll feel much better when they are here in person, and I can give her a big ol' hug, and reassure her that everything will be fine -- that I ain't goin' anywhere!!

                   



 OK.
Wishing everyone a great week!
 :)

4 comments:

  1. hi michelle! i'm catching up. i'm seeing "malignant" and "surgery" and "kicking cancer's bootie, aries style!" and my my my. big stuff you have going on here, no?

    well, i'm going to pray for you. a) that's it's benign, just a fluke, pancreatic joke-making; and b) if it isn't, that you heal quickly and well and powerfully, and you learn some amazing life-altering (in a gorgeous way) things in the process of kicking cancer's bootie, aries style.

    i really like that you're tackling this cleanup project in the midst. i think there's something really empowering about being able to clean out and bring order to a chaotic space. great timing for that.

    writing a COFFEE community update tomorrow and will be sending readers your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patresa, thank you thank you!
    It is big stuff, like one hit after another, considering when this all started in August we expected I'd have to be getting my gallbladder out and that would be it! So big I often can't really get my head around it all. I just gotta keep keepin' on.
    The cleanup has been rather cathartic for me, besides exhausting. Hubby's starting to get mad at me for wearing myself out, and I do need to be careful of that as the Big Day draws near. But it's been nice to see a normal, clean room again and NOT chaos, ew! It was great timing, good old push from the universe I suppose. Feels good. And I'm very reassured to know that I can throw stuff out with no problem, haha.

    Yes let us pray for pancreatic joke-making, shall we? lol!

    Hope you are doing well, I read a couple of your recent posts but didn't get around to commenting :( sorry! But I hope you are feeling better??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up too. Nothing like a week out of town to throw a girl completely out of the blog reading and commenting loop!

    Awwww. I really love what your husband said about your future tummy scar. You got a good one there, lady. That's what we call a KEEPER. :)

    I hope that you are doing really great. Your attitude is fabulous. You will kick this thing's ASS, you strong, fightin' tough Aries woman! And I will be thinking about you and sending so many prayers and rainbows your way in the meantime. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi michelle! just checking in. know you must be in surgery, recovering from, etc. hope everything is going well and that you're being taken good care of. thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete