Main project of the day: cleaning out one of my spare rooms. Since my parents will be coming up from Florida if and when I have this surgery, the time has come to make my spare bedroom a guest room once again. It was great for a while after moving into this house, but over time... well you know those hoarding shows? It's like that but on a much (much) smaller scale and confined to the two spare bedrooms we have. (That's not quite being a hoarder, right? I mean, I can see the floor and there's no gross stuff like rotten food, ew.) But it has become much like a storage facility/humongous walk-in closet; shameful.
No, it's not this bad, thank goodness
But still, it's full of too many clothes, most of which I don't wear anymore, and just clutter. I think there's a PC circa 1990 in the dang closet! That's bad.
Remember those 5.25" floppy disks?? omg/lol
I've already made a lot of progress with it, many boxes and bags to take to Goodwill (bonus!).
But there is more work to be done and I haven't gone at it hard the past few days so this is my project today, while being careful to not overdo it either. Tricky.
That, and trying not to dwell on the fact that I still have not received a call from the specialist with the Mayo Clinic results of my biopsy -- that were supposed to be in on Wednesday! I'm both impatient and dreading to find out...
Wishing you all a peaceful, healthy, productive day!
Oooooooh, I love organizing. Your post has put me in the mood to attack a closet, or maybe the garage. I also need to trim, mulch and winterize my landscaping. (That sounds like a euphemism for a bikini wax, but I'm actually talking about yard work.) Congratulations on sending clutter to Goodwill. That is the best feeling in the world.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who was kept waiting by a review board about the nature of her brain tumor for a week longer than expected. It turned out to be very good news. Don't let the wait do your head in. Hang in there!
A peaceful, healthy, productive day to you too. :) xoxo.
LOL @ bikini wax euphemism!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah I'm really happy about all the good stuff I have for Goodwill. It's a win-win, they get the goods and I'm actually happy to get rid of it that way.
I know I'm trying not to sweat it, I know my doc will be calling as soon as he hears anything. It is what it is.
♥