The tumors are inoperable so I'm getting the strongest chemo treatment. First one was last week, kicked my ass to the ground. I was out of it for a good four days-- like I think even worse than when I was on morphine in the hospital-- and was so sick, and had excruciating abdominal pain. Doc says optimistically the pain could be from the chemo breaking down the tumors, so we'll go with that. Couldn't even go back to work until yesterday, a full week after. And right when I got a promotion, too. Figures.
The good thing is it's every other week, so I get some recuperation time in there. I should only have three treatments left and then I have to get another scan.
Well I'm grateful to still be here, for being able to work this week, and for my wonderful mother-in-law who came up from N Carolina for the past week and was a huge help.
And ya know... I'm just gonna keep truckin', and giving old stupid cancer the finger.
i'll join you in flipping off cancer. how dare it return! it's like a horrid dinner guest who doesn't know when to leave. well, it's just going to have to learn.
ReplyDeleteyou can do this. you are awesome. you are strong. and you have a legion of admirers who are sending you positive, healthy energy and love.
you can do this.
Thanks Amber!
ReplyDeleteThat's four fingers to you, cancer!!
You're right, I can do this.
And mainly because I have so much support from awesome and strong friends like you!
Lots of love to you too, girl.
Grrrrr. Fuck you, cancer. Seriously. Fuck off and leave our girl Michelle the fuck alone. Two more fingers flipping you off! Fuck.
ReplyDeleteMichelle, I am thinking of you and I know you're going to defeat this shit. You are such a fighter. I'm so sorry you've been in pain and I am looking forward to hearing about your positive scans after the next three treatments that will show the world what a badass super-healer you truly are. You are going to kick this.
What Amber said. You can do this. And we are all sending you so much love and healing energy. xoxoxoxoxoxo.
Ha! Six Fucking Fingers, take that!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tawni. "Badass super-healer" -- I just might consider legally changing my name to that! haha
Thank you for the love & energy
♥