Lunar new year, that is. This is the year of the dragon. Should be interesting:
This year, adventure and boldness are favored.
The Dragon's bold, generous, and passionate traits are qualities that will be especially favored in the year of the Dragon.
The last Water Dragon year was 1952. (Cafe Astrology)
So I've been reflecting a lot on this past year. Mainly about how blessed I am, and how completely insane it is that I'm still here.
About this time last year, I was just starting my first round of chemo. My last round was in October (following radiation). I was supposed to have eight treatments but was only able to get through five, and barely. Since then, I've been trying to do just about anything alternative/holistic that I can. So far I've had hands-on healing and reiki, bach flower, past life, and tarot readings, plus some other readings that I can't remember what they're called... I recently did a chakra healing program which was absolutely wonderful. I went to a healer in December, and am going again next Tuesday.
I'm also going to contact another doctor for a second opinion on my treatment options. I say every day that I'm going to call, and somehow I keep ending up not having a chance to or I forget... It's a difficult thing to push myself to do because I'm pretty well fed up with the whole doctors and tests and being poked and prodding thing. As soon as I think about it, about going to a doctor or hospital again, I remember that smell. And my stomach turns a little bit.
But I know I've got to do it so I will.
"One day at a time" remains my basic theme, my mantra. I do what I can every day, and try not to push it too much, although that is often a challenge for me.
And still, I am grateful for every day, for any moment of being pain-free. I am grateful for my intuitive and comforting dogs, my loving family, and wonderful friends; your support means the world to me.
I hope the new year finds you well.

No comments:
Post a Comment